ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Check Gmail using C#

<< < (3/8) > >>

mouser:
cool  :up:

kyrathaba:
Made some modifications in the snippet above, for sake of clarity.  Users please note: it may not be a good idea to use a MessageBox to alert the user of your program to the success/failure of the email sending attempt (then again, that may be exactly what you want).

kyrathaba:
If anyone is reading these posts and knows the answer to the following questions, let me know:

How does one programmatically monitor and show the end-user, via a progress bar, the progress as a large email (say, a couple of large attachments) is sent?  The way Outlook Express and Outlook do.

How does one programmatically delete a Gmail message from the Inbox (by removing its "INBOX" label, for instance).

wraith808:
If you look in your code at line 28, you have a delegate added for what to do when the process completes.  Hopefully, there is also a delegate for progress; you'd add your progress bar actions in that delegate.  You'll also need to check invokerequired on whatever UI elements that you are updating, as it's possible that it will be on a separate thread.

As for the delete, I'm not sure- you'd probably have to check the library that you're using to see how to do that.

kyrathaba:
Unfortunately, the library is offered "as-is"; no documentation whatsoever, so far as I've been able to find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version