topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The dock seems not recognize other drives than C:  (Read 11600 times)

elfefel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The dock seems not recognize other drives than C:
« on: September 28, 2010, 05:58 PM »
Hello everybody,
First, sorry for my bad english, i'm French ^^
So, here is my problem:
I dragged many shortcuts on my circle dock, but only the ones which are originaly on C: are working.
For the others, even if it's written (for example) K:/Steam/steam.exe into the icon settings, I get a windows error "Windows do not find "C:\Steam\steam.exe, please verify the adress ect, ect..."
Is it that I can only put some icons of programs installed on main partition or what?

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: The dock seems not recognize other drives than C:
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:32 PM »
Greetings elfefel
Glad to have you here at Circle dock and Donationcoder.com

I am researching now, in the past posts on the forum. I am trying to remember if there was a fix for this or if this is a bug that remains.

Let me continue some research here, and se what I can find. I know this is an old issue.

iskander71

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 04:20 AM »
Hi everybody,

I am doing right now a video tutorial about circle dock, but I have the same probleme that our comrade !!!
Impossible to link a shortcut to D, only C !!!!

I don' t understand why, all is ok except this, I hope there is a solution cause it will better I don' t hide a probleme or what. I hope it is from my computer environnement, but I have some doubts !

I have to say that I use a portable version, the last I think : 0.9.2 Aplha 8, all is ok except this...damned !!!

And I don' t know if I have to make new post or not, cause I have one question plz :
 How do we change the circle form ? To ellipse I mean, I saw some screenshots or video which show an ellipse, or a ' spirale', I mean an open circle wich go away (you see what I mean ?),

is it always possible ? When I go to configuration, to 'circle form', there is only circle choice !! Do I have to search & find a plug in or extension ?

I have to say, even if it is in beta test, that the poof does not work ! When I take a shortcut away from the circle, it come back like a bommerang lol !!

So sorry too for my poor english, as our friend I am french, and if I have to make a new post no problem, I will !

Thank you & I hope someone will come help us (me) !!

Iskander71

The1stPic-Z

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 07:30 AM »
Hi Fellas,
Concerning the C drive prob, Have you tried to create a shortcut on your C: to the other drive target & using it in CircleDock? I haven't tried this, but think it might work. Please post results of this procedure.
Concerning the Dock Shape/Style, the spiral is only available in version 'Circle Dock 0.9.1" but was abandoned by the programmer. As far as the Ellipse, I haven't been able to find it.
That begs the questions:    1.  Which version has the Ellipse?
                                      2.  Where can it be acquired?
                                      3.  Does Eric plan on replacing it in future versions?

I hope # 3 happens, I would really like the Ellipse to come back.  Please, Please, PLEASE !!   :Thmbsup:

Thanks,  Pic-Z    :tease:

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Hello folks

Apologies for teh late response here.
Thursday through Mondays are busy for me :(

either way.

You are absolutely correct in that the version you are using, only works on C:
Now you can create a folder with shortcuts (in C:) to the other drives and then drag those shortcuts to Circle Dock as was suggested.

The Ellipse was removed some time ago by VIP, and the return was predicted, but then VIP disappeared on us :(

as for advancements:
That is a mixed bag.
Mr. Wong (aka. VideoInPicture) disappeared on us some time ago. No word on his location, and I fear that he will not return to us.
We had another programmer (Markham), but.....well I am not going to get into what happened again.
More information throughout this forum's postings.

Now all that being said;
Circle Dock is open source, and ant programmer is welcome to pick up where VIP left off.
Just be aware of the licensing, and that it must remain open source.

If you have any further questions, let me know, I am here to help

Regards
The Sarge

Riki

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 11:08 AM »
Hi all, (I'm french too  ;) ) I just discovered Circle Dock, and had that problem too, I tried to create shorcuts on C: (in a folder), and put'em into Circle Dock (by Drag'n Drop or Create Shortcut) but nothing works...
Does someone find a way or at least a idea on how to fix that ? 'cos I've much stuff on others partitions than the C:/...  :(
(I tried XUS Desktop Pro...but shareware, and not as good as Circle Dock for customizing)

Riki

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 11:37 AM »
Hi, me again, I found a way to execute prog or else from another partitions  :)
For exemple, I have JDownloader on my G:, in a dir called WWW, I made a .bat on my C: (called JD for example), and write that in it :
@echo off
cls
G:
cd WWW
cd JDownloader
start JDownloader.exe

That's all, and it works just fine !  :P
It also open a DOS prompt for half a second but...not a big deal tho.  ;)

The1stPic-Z

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 06:40 PM »
Riki,
Sorry about the slow response, my comp has been dead.
Thanks 4 the BAT, I intend on using it. As 2 ur 'not a big problem", try this;
Change ur BAT to:
-----------------------
@echo off
cls
START /D "G:\WWW\JDownloader\" JDownloader.exe
-----------------------
This will close the CMD box after running JDownloader. Next create a shortcut to ur bat and set it to run minimized.

This doesn't get rid of the CMD window, but runs it minimized on the Start bar and then closes it so fast u won't see it.

Pic-Z
A day without learning is wasted!  :Thmbsup:

Riki

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 02:38 AM »
Thanx The1stPic-Z for the tip, but I left Circle Dock for something...easier to setup...but I keep the BAT infos for something I'm workin' on  ;)