ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Program in RDP-Session

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
strange.  anyone have any clues? one thing im not clear about is the interaction between startup mode and RDP.  is it that it works fine no matter what if you are using it from local machine, but if you RDP in, then it gives blank screens unless the RDP user starts SC manually after logging in?  or am i getting that wrong?

felixhn:
yes, strange, isn´t it?

As I don´t have a screen installed there, I only run the computer with an RDP-session. But even in the RDP session I am able to start the program myself directly and everything works correctly. The problem occus only, when started by the tas scheduler. By the way: meantime I tested another task scheduler by a third party, and effect is the same: blank screen

Interesting is also, what I now found out: When last time I accessed the RDP session by teamviewer (third party remote control software) and not by windows remote desktop, later screenshot captor is being started by task scheduler and works!

Thanks for your thoughts,
Felix

Eóin:
Yes, the task scheduler started it with the current user´s account, which has admin rights.-felixhn (September 28, 2010, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

But is UAC coming into play? Chances are it's not actually getting admin rights.

felixhn:
But is UAC coming into play? Chances are it's not actually getting admin rights.
-Eóin (September 29, 2010, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

How can I check that? Task scheduler only let´s me choose which user to start the program with. I chose one, who has admin rights and told task scheduker the password for that user.

Eóin:
I tried a quick test with an application here, it started the app as Admin only if I ticked the "Run with highest privileges" box.

That might help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version