ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FlatPress blogging platform: flat text file stored, open source, freeware

<< < (7/8) > >>

wraith808:
Thanks wraith!  That does look like what I'm needing.  I'm only wanting a select few pages to be passworded.  Can I set up PMWiki in a subdirectory and just password-protect access to web-pages in that directory only?

I'll read more about PMWiki tonight.  Right now, I've got to leave for work.

Thanks for the info!
-kyrathaba (August 09, 2011, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

You'll want to look at the topic on Passwords.  What I'd do is set up a WikiGroup, then password protect that.

JavaJones:
I agree, some kind of wiki or online project/notes management system is probably best. I use Redmine for this sort of thing and I like it a lot but it's probably overkill for most (even me, heh).

- Oshyan

40hz:

@JavaJones - Redmine? For personal use??? Good lord! (Muy macho. I like!)  :Thmbsup:

Has it gotten any easier to install?  :huh:

kyrathaba:
I became a bit frustrated that using the Search box on my Flatpress blog only turned up results in which the search term was found within post titles, not within the actual contents of the posts.  Found that by modifying the SearchBox plug-in, I could repeat the search and, although it at first shows "No Results", it also gives you a "Search again" link.  Clicking it, it produces an advanced search interface that allows, via radio-button, to select for search within posts.  I've attached the modified plug-in, which should be placed in flatpress/fp_plugins/searchbox/

JavaJones:
Redmine is not terribly hard to install, provided you already have Ruby/Rails setup on your box. But it's not as nice and easy as your typical PHP script. :P I dearly love Redmine, but I do wish they'd focus on ease of maintenance/upgrade, and add a few additional niceties. One frustrating thing I came across recently for example is that the version of RoR that Cpanel installs is not compatible with Redmine currently.

It's like they came up with a 90% awesome system and now, despite development continuing at a good pace, little of interest (to me) is being added. Plugins continue to offer some interest though. There was even a time I considered basing an entire public personal website off of it! Mouser no doubt remembers that. :D

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version