ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FlatPress blogging platform: flat text file stored, open source, freeware

<< < (5/8) > >>

Curt:
congratulations on your well-looking blog, kyrathaba :-)

Does 'Hardscratchian' have to do with scratch ?

urlwolf:
I still don't understand. Tuxman, you say performance would be worse. But I keep seeing flat-files blogging engines such as jekyll, hyde, et al. They all say performance is what defines them. They advertise these will survive a slashdot/digg  effect better than a DB-based system. What's the catch? 

kyrathaba:
congratulations on your well-looking blog, kyrathaba :-)

Does 'Hardscratchian' have to do with scratch ?
--- End quote ---

Thanks.

Hardscratch is the name of the small rural community in which I live.  Hence, Hardscratchian ;)

kyrathaba:
For any of you who may give Flatpress a try, there is a bug in the ReadMore plug-in.  I have fixed it, and the corrected file is attached to this post.  It should be placed in flatpress/fp-plugins/readmore/

kyrathaba:
For any of you who may give Flatpress a try, there is a bug in the ReadMore plug-in.  I have fixed it, and the corrected file is attached to this post.  It should be placed in flatpress/fp-plugins/readmore/

--- End quote ---

To elucidate, the plug-in, as it was in the install archive, didn't reliably cut off text where I placed the [more] tag.  I rearranged a couple of if/then blocks within this particular plug-in file, and now it works reliably.  Note that once you click the 'Read more...' link that is created by the placement of the [more] tag, your post will no longer be truncated until you clear the Flatpress cache or else click on your Home widget.

You can see examples of the corrected plug-in in use here, by taking note of the "Read more..." links at the bottom of truncated posts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version