ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Multi Photo Quotes

Add video panels to MultiPhotoQuotes?

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
I'm thinking of adding video panels to MultiPhotoQuotes.

I think the idea would be to make them like the rest of the MPQ panels, they would be tile-able, and be able to show multiple videos at once.. most (or all) would be made silent; perhaps options to seek random positions in videos, maybe some effects like slow-motion play.  Maybe an option to simply show random frames from videos instead of images.

Any thoughts?

Kursplat:
I love it.  I am trying to download it now (seem to be having an issue downloading this one - multiple attempts, while other apps are downloading all around it - go figure).  Anyway, if this works like I think/hope it will, I'll probably make good use of it during trade shows.  Videos would be an excellent addition!  Especially if we can control the tile layouts, what is displayed in each tile (text, pic, or video) and have a set up for a period of time and then move to the next set (a slideshow of tilesets, if you will).  The ability to control what video file the audio is coming from, or from an additional audio file specified, would be awesome as well.

mouser:
well give the current version a try and see if you can figure out what kind of features would be useful.

right now you can't do the kind of micro-managing you seem to be interested in -- it's much more focused on showing random items (though you can say things like i always want at least one photo, one text quote, etc., and if i add video you would always be able to say things like i want one and only one video frame, etc.).

as for audio -- i think we are definitely drifting further away from the intended use as a screensaver thing.. but i'm always open to the possibility of other uses.

however it does need to be said that you are the only person in 6 months to express the slightest interest in this so it's not exactly high on my priority list..

mouser:
Support now added for showing random frames from video files; try the beta (just exe so overwrite your existing exe with this one):
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/mpq/downloads/beta/MultiPhotoQuotes.zip

Just put your video files (avi,mpg,wmv) in with your images and MPQ will treat them exactly as if they were images, showing random frames.  All options about cropping, stretching, aspect ratios, etc., all apply as normal.

NOTE 1: MPQ will not play the video so you won't see any motion -- it's just showing random frames from the videos.
NOTE 2: There should be no problem using large gigabyte sized files.

mouser:
Pretty darn cool, I think :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version