ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for Refrigerator Magnets that work

<< < (7/9) > >>

Renegade:
app103 - a microwave oven can do the same.

I am surprised at all the trepidation over some tiny little refrigerator magnets! Come on folks! Refrigerator magnets!! I would hazard a guess - out on a limb here - that many more people are killed in auto accidents than by their refrigerator magnets, but I'll wager that no one gives driving their cars that much cautious forethought!!  :P

Thanks!

Jim
-J-Mac (September 27, 2010, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

:D

Yeah, it sounds kind of nuts. But it's like anything else. Pure alcohol can kill you from system shock, but 5% in beer is fine.

The kind of magnets that are dangerous are very far from being refrigerator magnets.

CodeTRUCKER:
The kind of magnets that are dangerous are very far from being refrigerator magnets.
-Renegade (September 27, 2010, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

...unless you want to move the "refrigerator!"  :)

superboyac:
For real? Is your short story on the web? I'd like to read it. Post it on your blog somewhere and give us a link!

Thanks!

Jim
-J-Mac (September 27, 2010, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, Jim, since you asked...the short story is up on my website:
http://aram.dcmembers.com/personal/drawing-a-friend/
I've PM'd you the password.  I hope you enjoy.  My only disclaimer is that I was about 16 years old at the time and I didn't know didly squat about life, literature, and all that mature stuff.  And I put a little picture of me at the end that shows that I never grew out of my superman phase. ;D

J-Mac:
Not sure what you were worried about; nothing out of sorts with the story at all. I enjoyed it!

Thanks!

Jim

superboyac:
Not sure what you were worried about; nothing out of sorts with the story at all. I enjoyed it!

Thanks!

Jim
-J-Mac (September 27, 2010, 10:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hey, thanks!  I don't know...maybe I'm just paranoid.  Some girl once mentioned that using the phrase, "Playing with the two magnets in my pocket..." may sound a little...curious.  And I thought, "Oh Sh-t!  That DOES sound pretty...curious.  My defense is that if I had indeed meant it as a subtle metaphor, it's really not that subtle.  Hence, it was an accident.  But then you get into the whole Freudian slip argument, and so on, ... whatever.  So, in short, I really do mean actual magnets...I was NOT playing with the mojo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version