ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Zen Magnets vs Buckyballs Comparison/Voicemail-Reply Video

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
It brings a warm glow to my soul when i see a little guy fights back against the bullying legal intimidation of the big companies.  If you feel the same way this might make you smile.

In this youtubed open letter, a representative from Zen Magnets (small-fry makers of little round powerful magnets you can use to make interesting shapes) replies to a legal threat from Buckyballs (leading makers of little round powerful magnets you can use to make interesting shapes). It starts with a recorded voicemail from Buckyballs CEO Jake Bronstein threatening to sue Zen Magnets for selling a kit containing both Buckyballs and Zen Magnets on eBay with the claim that Zen Magnets are manufactured to a higher tolerance, are stronger, and have a brighter finish. From there, the Zen Magnets rep does a wonderful job illustrating the validity of his claims -- and making Buckyballs look like an anti-competitive bully who fights dirty with threats instead of superior products.

--- End quote ---

from http://www.boingboing.net/2010/09/24/buckyballs-magnet-ma.html

Eóin:
I feel ashamed now that I own a set of buckyballs :(

The final point about coating is very true, after making an interesting shape with the buckyballs I took a picture and was instantly disappointed by the look of the individual spheres.

rxantos:
What a bully (the CEO of buckyballs).

Glad they responded threat intelligently.

BTW I wonder how many people sent email to the CEO. After all he left his email on the phone :)

Deozaan:
I'd never heard of Zen Magnets or Buckyballs before. They sure look cool. I'll have to look into getting some.

Zen Magnets, of course!

MerleOne:
I have a mini-set of Zen Magnets and they are really great.  I just regret I didn't buy the full set...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version