ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Move to Parent

<< < (3/6) > >>

nkormanik:

Well, you accomplished something that was quite needed.

bzeng:
I've tried installing this utility on Win 7 Home Premium, but can't see that the install is successful.
The MS5 code verifies the downloaded file [ver. September 27, 2010], the install dialog box appears as shown in the first post above. I click the 'Install' button and it changes to 'Uninstall' and I close the dialog by clicking the red X. I open Win Explorer and look in any files context menu for any choice about moving to parent but don't see it.
I reboot and look again but still don't see it. I tried the same procedure with the anti-virus disabled, but same result. What am I doing wrong.

nkormanik:
This particular utility, while a good attempt at the challenge, is spotty.  Sometimes it works.  Most of the time it doesn't.  I uninstalled it after a few days of testing.

The idea of moving files, folders to the parent directory is a super one.  Too bad it's so difficult to successfully write a program that does this.

lanux128:
i came across an explorer shell add-on called SmartXplore that seems to be able do this function, based on the screenshot. i haven't tried this yet but someone who is interested in this feature could give it a try.

Source: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/smartxplore-brings-useful-addons-to-windows-7-explorer-shell/

nkormanik:
Thank you for continuing to monitor possibilities, as the need still exists.

I've downloaded and am trying the program you recommended.  Only problem so far is that to activate the menu one is supposed to press the "third mouse button" --- well, I don't have a third mouse button.

Hmmmm.

Nicholas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version