ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is there any shortcut way to "reset" the Websense Authentication?

(1/1)

superboyac:
At my job, the have Websense installed to block the users from accessing "bad" websites.  There's a problem sometimes where it seems like Websense "forgets" who is logged onto the computer, and it starts repeatedly asking for authentication for all internet browsing activities.  Normally, all the websites work fine except for the blocked or suspicious ones, which then ask you to confirm before you continue.  However, when Websense "forgets", you can't aceess any sites and an authentication dialog pops up, where the user is supposed to enter our regular Windows network user id and password (the same one used to log into Windows).  But it doesn't do anything, it keeps asking for it repeatedly.  The only solution I know of is to restart the computer and it works fine.

Is there a way to accomplish whatever the computer is doing while restarting without actually restarting?  Is there some kind of ip resetting that needs to happen?  I don't understand it.  The same thing happens to my work laptop.  When i first log in, everything works fine.  Then, after closing the lid (sending the laptop into standby) and opening it again, now the authentication pops up.  I don't get it.  The connection is still good if I check the wifi settings, so it's not like I'm disconnected or anything.

So is there any way around this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version