Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 26, 2014, 08:10:25 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: how to pick up colors  (Read 2204 times)
kalos

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 17, 2010, 12:49:20 PM »

hello

can you tell me please the most accurate to pick up a color from screen, a graphics file, a screenshot, etc?

ie, to get the color code (RGB, etc) of a color in a file so that I can reproduce it

I have tested some color pickers that don't work well

thanks
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 12:52:58 PM »

you definitely want a color picker program, they run from very simple and elegant (ColorCop), to more complex shareware tools that include lots of extra features for coming up with color combinations (Color Schemer).

See here for a discussion on DC: http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=13123.0
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 12:55:09 PM by mouser » Logged
hpearce
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 01:59:58 PM »

I've used color cop in the past
http://www.techsupportale...est-free-color-picker.htm

Windows 7 SP1 (TM) Home Premium 64-bit .. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26 GHz / 2.27 GHz .. 4GB RAM .. NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS .. Gateway P-7805u FX
sajman99
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:01:41 PM »

FastStone Capture is a nice all-around capture tool which includes a color picker. No longer free, but you can still track down the last freeware version.

http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm
http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page4.html
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 03:07:25 PM »

While we are mentioning screenshot capturing, i'll just mention that my Screenshot Captor program comes preconfigured with ColorCop in the Tools menu.  smiley
sajman99
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 03:19:46 PM »

While we are mentioning screenshot capturing, i'll just mention that my Screenshot Captor program comes preconfigured with ColorCop in the Tools menu.  smiley

Excellent utility.  Thmbsup
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 03:22:43 PM »

Well, what usually works for me is simply to make her laugh.

Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 01:27:24 AM »

PK Colour Picker:
http://www.digitalarena.c...ties/pk_colour_picker.htm

It's my favorite color picker and is more useful than it looks at first.
Definitely read the help file.

*snicker*
Tell her you like her shoes... Wink

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
Shades

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 01:22:08 PM »

*snicker*
Tell her you like her shoes... Wink

...but that you (absolutely) love the feet inside them. (after all, you could be sending a mixed signal by saying that you love woman's shoes)

And if the above sounds too much like a suckup...a small kiss on the arc of her foot can turn the situation into a "interesting" night   Kiss
Either with the lady in question...or your cellmates (but then again, you already liked woman's shoes, didn't you?) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »

Actually, that's from an overheard conversation.
Apparently, the pick-up line "Nice shoes, let's ----" works better than you'd think and somebody asked a co-worker if that would ever work on her or anybody she knew.
She said that most women really like a cute pair of shoes so when a guy notices them, he's noticed her.
If the guy wasn't immediately creepy, it would at least start a conversation...

I've been married for quite some time now and my wife has all my attention she can stand, so I can't comment on real results, but that is what I heard.

*Ahem* now, back on topic...

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 11:35:24 AM »

.. the most accurate to pick up a color from screen, a graphics file, a screenshot, etc?

ZOOM close, or you might easily get a different colour than the one you were expecting.
kip
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 05:12:14 PM »

The Colour Is ...

http://www.fxc.btinternet.co.uk on the Other Software page.  RGB and Hex + a 4x magnifier to ensure you are over the correct pixel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.041s | Server load: 0.04 ]