ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend an alarm clock mp3 features.

(1/4) > >>

superboyac:
I woke up this morning and I knew that I was done waking up to buzzing or the radio.  I want to wake up to music that I want.  So now I'm looking for a new alarm clock.  Here are my requirements:
1) It needs to have multiple alarms (daily, weekend, or just the ability to have several alarms).
2) It needs to be able to play mp3's.  Not through an auxiliary cable, but in the thing itself.  I should be able to load it in with my computer, usb, camera flash cards, something like that.  But it needs to be able to store some mp3 files (4gb minimum)
3) It needs to automatically adjust for daylight savings.

There.  I don't know what's out there, but most alarm clocks are pretty lame in functionality.  My carpool-mate suggested I just use my cell phone.  It's a good idea, but I want something to be permanently at my bedside.  The idea of an unlocked cell phone, with no service, simply being used as an alarm clock came up.  But unlocked phones with nice features cost quite a bit.  If we're going to go to the $100+ price range, I may just be looking at the Sony Dash.  The Dash is a very weird ipad-like device Sony developed recently.  Everyone was like, "What's the point of this thing."  However, it's often been called a really expensive alarm clock.  So maybe I'll just get that, it does fit all my requirements, I believe.

It's sad that most cell phones have better alarm clock features than actual, dedicated alarm clocks.  In this day and age.  I don't think alarm clocks have changed much in the last 50 years.

superboyac:
Sony Dash is out.  No internal memory.  I have to be connected wifi.  Typical Sony.  That's why Sony will never be Apple.  Bullshit stupid things like this.

superboyac:
Maybe the best solution is an ipod-touch with a speaker docking station.

superboyac:
Actually, even better would be a Zune + speaker docking station.  I'm sure there are several choices for Zune docs, and I'd be able to use the better device.

superboyac:
Or, or....now I'm going to get really crazy here...
An mp3 player (itouch, zune, etc.) is going to run about $200.  A docking station can be up to $100.  That's just about the price of a netbook.  Why not use a netbook??  Then i get everything I want.  All the alarm software I can handle, maximum flexibility.  That's it.  I'm going to use a netbook as an alarm clock.  woo!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version