ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

prevent my kids from downloading files from the Internet

<< < (2/4) > >>

daddydave:
Easy to say when not a parent perhaps ;)
-Bamse (September 22, 2010, 09:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ya think?

Before I was a parent, if had any inkling of what an ass I sounded like trying to impose my parenting theories on people who were parents in the real world, I would have kept my little bobblehead mouth shut.

But yeah, there is no way to realize that until you are an actual parent.

That said, I actually AGREE with you, but occasionally you gotta be the mean daddy or the mean mommy if things are not working.

ahhh..sorry if this comes off as offensive. This is normally the type of thread I like to hit ignore on before I say something I'll regret.  :redface: (and I think I'll do so now, and I will check back in about a month.) And this is not directed at you personally. I have real life people in mind.

cmpm:
The earlier kids learn computers the better.
The good bad and ugly.

Keeping a safe guard such as a clean backup is wise.

And, there is no way they are not going to get trouble using the net.
Without locking it down to 'no fun at all'.

Adblock is good, but teaching how to handle the trouble that slips past that is good too.
Just my dealings with it come to mind. And my opinions.

Soon enough they will be teaching you some things that you didn't know about some computer stuff.

cmpm:
daddydave,

Not offensive at all to me or Bamse's input.

Darwin:
Before I was a parent, if had any inkling of what an ass I sounded like trying to impose my parenting theories on people who were parents in the real world, I would have kept my little bobblehead mouth shut.
-daddydave (September 22, 2010, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I cringe when I think about some of the attitudes I had pre-fatherhood...

Regarding the OP, are there any FOSS equivalents of DeepFreeze? Just a thought.

Bamse:
You are not offensive daddydave, you just don't did not know too much about how to deal with internet and you became aware when facing reality, like having a kid. Could not care less before right? I am not offensive either :) Things are not working as of now but perhaps less than nazi-methods (from kids perspective) should be tried out? They actually do work, adblocking is probably enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version