Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 18, 2014, 05:51:19 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hilarious video, for those old enough to appreciate it.  (Read 4291 times)
kyrathaba
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Honorary Member

while(! dead_horse){beat}

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:35:55 PM »

Facebook vid

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit-SP1 AMD Athlon II X2 220 Socket AM3 (938) @ 2.1GHz 6GB RAM Firefox 26.0
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm fighting against patent trolls. Join me and tell your representative to support the #SHIELDAct: https://eff.org/r.b6JJ /via @EFF

My DC page: http://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com | My blog: http://williambryanmiller.com/ | Proofreading Service: http://bit.ly/1fQSqQP

Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:38:08 PM »

That old CRT monitor would be way too heavy to do that to before realizing your mistake.

nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 06:20:06 AM »

That old CRT monitor would be way too heavy to do that to before realizing your mistake.

it says "A WOMAN GOES BACK TO WORK AFTER THIRTY YEARS.."

looks like that thirty years was spent doing a lot of weight-lifting.  smiley
ljbirns
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 08:04:20 AM »

face lifting too

Lew
nite_monkey

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 04:32:23 PM »

huh You older people and your weird ways... I guess you have to be older than 19 to understand what is going on in this video. To me, it makes no sense...

[Insert really cool signature here]
ljbirns
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 04:55:39 PM »

Typewriters ?  Carbon paper ?  Mimeograph ? Rotary phones ?  A Secretary who could take shorthand ?
 An Answering service ? Orange CRT monitors ? Elevator operators ?
Remember any of these ?

Lew
Target
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 08:25:15 PM »

huh You older people and your weird ways... I guess you have to be older than 19 to understand what is going on in this video. To me, it makes no sense...

you young people and your wierd ways - facebook? we have actual friends and literal social networks.... Grin

"Look wise, say nothing, and grunt. Speech was given to conceal thought" - Sir William Osler
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 09:20:38 PM »

Typewriters ?  Carbon paper ?  Mimeograph ? Rotary phones ?  A Secretary who could take shorthand ?
 An Answering service ? Orange CRT monitors ? Elevator operators ?
Remember any of these ?

have used or run into all of the above. lol, this thread makes me feel old.. smiley

btw, mimeograph is known as cyclostyle here. i remember my dad working on it at his shop.

zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 09:33:59 PM »

There's something to be said for old tech: if done right, it can last centuries. Title/deed documents, contracts, constitutions, etc. are best put to something more permanent than the latest document file format! And a good typewriter might last you decades rather than the latest upgrade cycle for say, Apple's gadgets.

- zaine (on Google+)
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 03:03:53 AM »

face lifting too

That's what I was thinking! Thmbsup

Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 07:10:27 PM »

There's something to be said for old tech: if done right, it can last centuries. Title/deed documents, contracts, constitutions, etc. are best put to something more permanent than the latest document file format! And a good typewriter might last you decades rather than the latest upgrade cycle for say, Apple's gadgets.

Hooray for clay tablets and the stylus~! =p

(Sorry -- couldn't resist that!)

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 09:00:09 PM »

Hooray for clay tablets and the stylus~! =p

Well they have survived thousands of years buried in middle eastern deserts - how long will an iPad last in comparison?

IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 11:05:57 PM »

I can't see the video on that link, but if it is the "Blond typist goes back to work after many years" one that I sent to my blond daughter a while back, she thought it was very sexist and didn't take kindly to it at all.
 Wink
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 11:56:23 PM »

I can't see the video on that link, but if it is the "Blond typist goes back to work after many years" one that I sent to my blond daughter a while back, she thought it was very sexist and didn't take kindly to it at all.
 Wink

I am a blonde and fully appreciated it and played it over and over and laughed till it hurt...and then sent it to everyone I know that would appreciate it.  Grin

IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 12:24:50 AM »

@app103: Yes, I thought it was very funny too, and not in bad taste.
ljbirns
Charter Member

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 08:54:13 AM »

"Blond typist goes back to work after many years" one that I sent to my blond daughter a while back, she thought it was very sexist and didn't take kindly to it at all.

We ( men ) were all sexist ( and the woman expected it ) until they started to call ' Secretaries ' Administrative Assistants "

Lew
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 10:01:16 AM »

@ljbirns: Yes, you may well be right.
The mindlessness of modern-day PC ("Political Correctness") is explored quite well in The Retreat From Reason
daddydave
Supporting Member

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 10:08:32 AM »

for those old enough to appreciate it.

Another way to say that is "old enough to know a meaning for carriage return which isn't byte oriented."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.048s | Server load: 0.16 ]