ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

Response to Question: Can shareware be released in the NANY event?

<< < (5/5)

cranioscopical:
does that mean it should be eligible as a NANY entry?  From this subject, I would say the consensus is NO.  Please charge.  Please tell us about it, and even make a thread just for that software offering. -steeladept (October 11, 2010, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well said! We may be verging on splitting hairs but this isn't about the worth of any particular piece of software. It's about whether shareware comes under the umbrella of NANY.

Perry Mowbray:
does that mean it should be eligible as a NANY entry?  From this subject, I would say the consensus is NO.  Please charge.  Please tell us about it, and even make a thread just for that software offering. -steeladept (October 11, 2010, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well said! We may be verging on splitting hairs but this isn't about the worth of any particular piece of software. It's about whether shareware comes under the umbrella of NANY.
-cranioscopical (October 11, 2010, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think the Announcements would be an appropriate place? Announce Your Software/Service/Product

kyrathaba:
I lean toward the NANY version being Free / Donationware for its life (no time-limit, no nag screen after a period of time).

There is nothing stopping further development happening after NANY and a paid version(s) released at a later date.
--- End quote ---

+1.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version