ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Poll To Help Decide Mouser's App

<< < (5/5)

mouser:
you can already choose what format, compression, etc the video files are saved as.. but it might make sense to leave more elaborate conversion of video files to different formats for the good free tools that specialize in such stuff.

ssoundman:
Sweet. I'd volunteer to beta test this app for you, for sure!

mouser:
One idea i had a while ago is the idea of using it to help families create video autobiography type recordings of family members, by having the program prompt the person being recorded with one at a time questions from some large list, recording the video answers to each.

barney:
mouser,

For the webcam/diary app, considering the diary aspect, it would be nice to have import capability for images, short vids - kids don't always do their thing(s) in front of a webcam, but a lot of kinder activity does get recorded on smart phones or small point-and-shoot digital cameras.

Also be kinda nice for recipe/cooking stuff, if you're into that sort of thing.

Visual notes for when words can't quite cover, donchano:  instead of describing green, show it  ;D.

Edit:  typos.

ssoundman:
The ability to import videos is a great idea; could either be done picture-in-picture with narration or in sequence. If picture-in-picture is out of the question perhaps a narrative audio track along with the imported video/audio would be do-able.

For example, I have a video of last year's Spring Concert, where the 3rd grade class was on stage singing and a kid did something really funny, and it'd be great to speak while the imported video/audio was going, to alert viewers to the upcoming highlight.

But maybe that's getting away from the intent of the application (I hope not! :D).

The option for an interview-type scenario is interesting. Sometimes you don't know what to say in a given situation ("Gee, I really should record something for my boys today, but I don't know what"), and a list of questions might give some ideas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version