topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Sniff  (Read 4956 times)

janos1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sniff
« on: September 19, 2010, 08:03 PM »
Hi to all.Today downloaded and try the program,but no luck.Try to read the forum so first thing(outh of index)fixed.
Now i try to scan and nothing come up.It said 420 packets received (0 buffered locally)Any help with that?Thank you for your time.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Sniff
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 03:42 PM »
It sounds like you figured out the basics -- and that fact that it is counting packet received means that it is working.
It's important to distinguish cases where its working but not finding anything useful on the pages you surf and the cases where something is going wrong.

Try setting the top left combo box to "Show All".
Then make sure it is Sniffing (press "Sniff Networkd" button if in advanced mode).
Then open your normal web browser and surf around, start any music playing.
If you are on a page that was open before you started URL Snooper, hold Ctrl and press the Reload button on the browser to force it to redownload the page.

janos1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Sniff
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 05:44 PM »
Thank you for your help,now i start to understand little more.When counting that means is working,
just like a old fart,i was not on the web site.Always learn more.Thank you again.