ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Awesome photos

<< < (2/5) > >>

joiwind:
Thanks for these great photos. Check out the other links at the end of the page too, particularly Archives of American cities

Deozaan:
Count how many fat people are in there.
-Renegade (September 20, 2010, 02:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did see one "larger" man in photo 12.

I'd also say it's probably not fair--or accurate--to blame it all on one singular cause (sugar/fructose) since so much of the modern lifestyle has changed in the past 70 years.

tomos:
Thanks for these great photos. Check out the other links at the end of the page too, particularly Archives of American cities
-joiwind (September 20, 2010, 08:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

more great photos thanks.
I find I relate more to the more recent ones - guess it's more like the modern world. Crazy changes with the car coming in and electricity.

Was a bit surprised to see cities destroyed by the civil war (I always thought of that as being fought in the countryside. History not my strong point...)

joiwind:
Was a bit surprised to see cities destroyed by the civil war (I always thought of that as being fought in the countryside. History not my strong point...)
-tomos (September 21, 2010, 03:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I was surprised too. These photos could have been from London or Berlin during the 1940's.

app103:
Interesting.

This is kind of off topic, but I couldn't help but notice...

Count how many fat people are in there. Here's the total.

Now, the next time you are in a public place with 20 or more people, count. Compare.

-Renegade (September 20, 2010, 02:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Got to remember something...these photos were mostly rural farm folk and the poor...during the depression. There wasn't much of any food for a lot of people. My dad grew up in that era and told me why he hates oatmeal to this very day was because he had to eat it for breakfast lunch & dinner for weeks on end, because it was all his mother could afford. Kind of hard to get fat under those conditions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version