ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Betanews.com - What was once a great site, is no longer

<< < (5/5)

MrCrispy:
Even with Admuncher furiously killing ads, it loads slower than the old site.

Josh:
MrCrispy, Thank you! Betanews load times in chrome, on Win7 x64, are painful. Every other site I use loads in a split second, even flash heavy sites like MSNBC. Betanews, for some reason, loads slow and is slow to scroll and navigate. But alas, they will not change due to the very nature of the terms of use.

IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THIS WEB SITE, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SHALL BE TO CEASE USING THE WEB SITE.
--- End quote ---

youngjohn12:
Oh yes, no uncertainty, Betanews is junk now. Fileforum not much better. I get all my articles from both websites through RSS now so I very, very rarely check out the website. And 90% of the articles I just look at and level study. Especially Joe Wilcox.

JavaJones:
I do likewise YoungJohn. Hooray for RSS! :D

- Oshyan

iphigenie:
I do like the "saved list" you can do on fileforum that then sends you email on new versions of software. It's hard work to pay attention to all you own, and not every developer sends notifications (grrr!) to their customer list.

Not sure where I'll get that if developers move off betanews

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version