ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Another reason to drop Kaspersky?

<< < (17/18) > >>

Darwin:
Ah, yes I see. AFAICT, the first option as shown in Timns screenshot should allow you to opt out completely. As noted, I haven't opted out and don't intend to, but I can confirm that the option is present in MSE 2.0.

superboyac:
Ah, yes I see. AFAICT, the first option as shown in Timns screenshot should allow you to opt out completely. As noted, I haven't opted out and don't intend to, but I can confirm that the option is present in MSE 2.0.
-Darwin (January 12, 2011, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nice.  Great to know.  Man, I swear just last month, that first option wasn't there.  Just the other two.  Hmmm, I may be losing it.

f0dder:
I'll try it again, but can someone confirm the opt thing?-superboyac (January 12, 2011, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yup, it's there for the current version of MSE - my version numbers:
Security Essentials Version: 2.0.657.0
Antimalware Client Version: 3.0.8107.0
Engine Version: 1.1.6402.0
Antivirus definition: 1.95.3750.0
Antispyware definition: 1.95.3750.0
Network Inspection System Engine Version: 2.0.5854.0
Network Inspection System Definition Version: 9.1.0.0
--- End quote ---

Still, any rational reasons for wanting to opt-out?

superboyac:
My reason is that I just don't like to send information anywhere.  It doesn't matter to me whether I'm helping MS or not.  I'm not saying it's not good to send info back, i just wouldn't do it.  I don't have a technical reason for it other than I just like the idea of never sending anything anywhere unless I'm deliberately trying to.  I'm a control freak, in case you haven't noticed.

tranglos:
It sounds like you are using it.  Are you happy with it's performance like Darwin?
-superboyac (January 12, 2011, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am indeed. It is quite unobtrusive, too. I never see it or feel its presence unless I deliberately open the interface. But, I have yet to see my first alert from MSE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version