ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Another reason to drop Kaspersky?

<< < (9/18) > >>

CWuestefeld:
I've got several things in KIS 2011 disabled (like spam protection). Now the stupid thing continually warns me that I'm at risk because I'm not using all those modules. Does anybody know if there's a way to say "this is the configuration I want, only bug me if it deviates from this"?

superboyac:
I've got several things in KIS 2011 disabled (like spam protection). Now the stupid thing continually warns me that I'm at risk because I'm not using all those modules. Does anybody know if there's a way to say "this is the configuration I want, only bug me if it deviates from this"?
-CWuestefeld (September 28, 2010, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
yes, open up the messages window (by clicking on the big "light" button or next to it).  Then where it shows that message, click the "hide this message" or something like that button.

Also, for more extensive notification settings, open the settings dialog and somewhere towards the bottom are some settings for notifications in a matrix display.  Just uncheck those notifications you don't want.  That's one great thing about Kaspersky, it is very customizable. 

Bamse:
They have a huge support section for each program http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2011 Can be viewed as good consumer support or support demanding programs ;)

superboyac:
They have a huge support section for each program http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2011 Can be viewed as good consumer support or support demanding programs ;)
-Bamse (September 28, 2010, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
I am not a fan of their support forum.  First of all, i always come to DC for my questions initially.  The people here are very helpful for all things, and the forum interface is really really excellent.

In the Kaspersky forums, they always demand you send them ALL of your computer information (using the ksapersky collect information tool) before they even consider answering any questions.  And then, after sending them all your info, they tell you you're using some cracked version of some little program and because of that they can't help you.  It's almost as if they think they're the piracy police of the entire internet.

A while back, I went through this.  They found something on my computer.  I think it was some kind of hacked AIM thing my little sister was using (back when I lived with my family).  So, they got all on my case about it, saying ridiculous things like "we can't help you if you use dangerous software".  So I removed it, and had to "reprove" myself to them.  And in the end, they weren't able to help much.  I just find them to be generally a little too much holier-than-thou attitude over there.

Bamse:
I meant support section of site not so much forum - which you can use for searching, tried "slow"? I thought they helped with removal of infections as well but apparently not. Most similar forums are also protective of their stuff and even most neutral or almost neutral security forums are also crazy if you ask for help, like insist on removing any p2p software, including utorrent. They must have policies any idiot can follow or they risk doing wrong :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version