ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Another reason to drop Kaspersky?

(1/18) > >>

tranglos:
My annual KAV license expires in a few days. Is it or is it not (I wonder) a good time to see a post like this?

Delphi programs blocked by Kaspersky Antivirus. Need workarround. - Stack Overflow

tomos:
I dont know about Kapersky, but I'm considering going the Microsoft Security Essentials route when my AV (Avira AntiVir paid) runs out.

According to the first reply in "All Replies" in this MS Answers thread it is "for personal or home business use".

It's supposed to not get too many false positives and if a real virus does get in I'll probably just restore OS partition from an image backup anyways...

Darwin:
tomos - I still have a 3 machine license for VIPRE Premium and overall like it. However, I'm running MS Security Essentials on all but my own computer and MS Security Essentials seems fine to me. When my VIPRE subscription ends I may just switch my computer over as well. VIPRE started out lean and mean and very resource miserly. However, with v.4 each new build seems a bit more intensive and I've experienced quite a bit of disk thrashing and CPU hogging with it, to the point that I've had to disable it from scanning files and folders as they are opened. We'll see how it fares over the coming months...

[off-topic]Hope you are well![/off-topic]

f0dder:
MSE seems pretty lean-and-mean. Yes, it does take a speed hit, but it's no heavier than KAV or NOD32 from my gut feeling - and probably a bit faster. Not sure how it ranks against nod/kav, but I've definitely had less false positives than with either of those... and it's been able to detect (and clean!) some malware that a couple of the other freebies couldn't.

Interesting SO post - I wonder what happens... people mention signatures and stuff, but that's crap - the app isn't blocked, it's the file creation that fails *after* the app is loaded. Bug in kaspersky? If it wasn't a bug, it should have triggered a heuristic warning instead of failing the delphi call.

Darwin:
This reminds me of this thread from a week or so ago...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version