topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Tray 2.5.0.3  (Read 6944 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Tray 2.5.0.3
« on: November 20, 2009, 04:24 PM »
Tray 2.5.0.3 may be downloaded here:

http://www.favessoft.com/downloads.html

edit: (was test request but I have more info - see last post)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:33 PM by MilesAhead »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: If you have more than 2 optical drives would you test Tray app?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 04:51 PM »
It works fine with mounted images functioning as optical drives.  I have two drives in my computer and mounted two other ISOs.  All four showed up fine in your app.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Thanks skwire.  I appreciate the info.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 07:44 PM »
I uploaded the latest version.  It uses the Registry to store the screen location on close.  The uninstaller optionally deletes this key for a clean uninstall.

edit: for the time being I'm having Web server problems.  Can't upload and the Tray zip file was deleted. It's not available from my site at present.  I attached the one that I'll be uploading when possible.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 03:44 AM by MilesAhead »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 10:27 AM »
I had a request from a user of my Tray optical drive tray open/close gizmo to update it to support 4 optical drives.  I've made the revision and sent the person a copy to test but I would appreciate it if anyone with more than 2 optical drives in their system would try it out.

Crap...last month I had 3 optical drives in my PC, but I've since taken two of them out as I don't have the specialized needs I used to anymore. If it's working with mounted images, though, it sounds like it's working well.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Heh heh.  I should have done it sooner but I'm reluctant to try stuff I can't test myself.  btw my web server is acting up.  Since I got a "disk full" error, like an idiot I tried deleting the file, then uploading.  Of course it let me delete the file, but didn't let me upload.  While this is being resolved Softpedia has graciously allowed me to host it on their servers.  You can download from them via this page:

http://www.softpedia...ancements/Tray.shtml

It just uses AutoIt3 CDROM "open" and "close" commands.  As long as I get the index into the array of CDROM type drives it should work.

In AutoIt3 help it also says it should "work as expected" on virtual CDROM drives also.  I take this to mean an "open" would unmount but I haven't tried it.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 01:51 PM »
btw looks like my server regained its sanity.  You can always download the latest Tray from this page:

http://www.favessoft.com/downloads.html

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Tray 2.5.0.3
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 08:39 PM »
I ran across a nice open source CD emulator software WinCDEmu:

http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/

For simple image mounting this software has several traits that make it convenient.
1) You don't have to allocate a drive letter until you mount an image.

2) The reason for my post.. if you use Tray Open Button on the drive letter, the image is unmounted just as if you selected Eject from the drive letter context menu.

3) At least on Vista, it went on, mounted and unmounted an image without rebooting the PC after install. PC World gave it a glowing review. In this case simple is good.  The emulator I was using had about 20 tray commands I never used.

The only reason I brought it up was AutoIt3 said the Open command I use in Tray should work with virtual drives.  This is the first one I tried that actually unmounted in response. Just makes it a bit more convenient than going into a tray sub menu. Of course the emulator software itself is set up to be convenient.  Double click of a supported image file mounts the image.  No messing around in tray icon sub menu to get to mount/unmount.  Also it supports mounting more than one image according to the site.

here's the PC World review:

http://www.pcworld.c...250/description.html
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:55 PM by MilesAhead »