ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to understand all the Intel chip types?

<< < (3/4) > >>

techidave:
Don't you just miss the Pentium structure?  P4 2.8 is faster than a 2.6 etc..   :D

f0dder:
Don't you just miss the Pentium structure?  P4 2.8 is faster than a 2.6 etc..   :D-techidave (November 15, 2010, 04:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
...but was a P4 2.8 GHz faster than an Athlon64 2.4 GHz? Also, keep in mind that not all chips branded "Pentium 4" are the original P4 core type, afaik.

superboyac:
JavaJones dropping some epics lately!
Thanks, that's a good way to think about it.  I'll be using that.

rgdot:
Just buy the most expensive one in the shop and be done with it  :P

PS I agree, the naming is confusing. I definitely saw i5s in the market before i3s so it really does have to do with sneaky marketing too.

Stoic Joker:
Anyway wasn't the Windows Performance Index supposed to help with all this BS? Why don't we see those scores advertised with new PCs at this point?-JavaJones (November 15, 2010, 03:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd love to know that one myself. But if you look at the WPI of most budget (or business) Win7 machines (frequently 3 or less) it's probably too hard to sell/explain why machine X doesn't really totally suck because the slow part (which sets the score...) isn't really relevant/detrimental to the required application/intended usage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version