ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Dated reviews

(1/1)

deefrawley:
It may be time to cull the reviews as some are badly dated. For example I went to check out what the good folks here thought was the best image manager. I was wondering why ACDSee got the nod then I saw the review was from 2005! That is old to the point of being misleading. Time to update or archive.

nudone:
Good point. I did the review with ACDSee in it and I can't say the information is that useful now. Well, maybe as just an introduction to Photo/Image Management programs it might be slightly helpful - but only as a starting point before looking elsewhere.

Unfortunately, time constrainsts don't really allow for updating the review with the latest software; so the word "Archive" probably ought to be displayed very prominently on those review pages.

wraith808:
Or just a note in the review section that they *are* dated.  Maybe make it more prevalent in the template also rather than just the posting date?

mouser:
It's true that we need to revamp the review section, it's long overdue, i'm just determined to come up with a proper solution before trying to revive it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version