ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

League of Legends: Free game based on Warcraft 3 DotA mod

(1/2) > >>

Deozaan:
If you've never played the Warcraft 3 mod called Defense of the Ancients (DotA, or DotA All-Stars), then you may be a little confused. In short, it's kind of like a team-based tower defense except you don't build towers. Instead, you control a Hero and attempt to destroy the opposing team's towers and base to ensure victory while defending your own towers and base to prevent defeat. Waves of little minions spawn for each team every several seconds and automatically make their way to attack the opponent's base, usually having a standoff somewhere in the middle.

The heroes are generally the ones who turn the tides of battle.

Anyway, some of the original creators of DotA have made an entirely new game called League of Legends, which is free to download and play with others online. Here are some videos and an image:

If this looks fun, sign up and download it yourself.

FULL DISCLOSURE: The above links to League of Legends (LoL) contain a referral code that will give me some sort of bonus for referring others. To be honest, I don't really care about the referral, I just want to play with others from DC, so if you want to sign up without giving me credit for telling you about this nifty game, follow this link.

lanux128:
thanks for the heads-up.. will see if i can allocate some time for this game as well.. :)

justice:
After viewing the gametrailers review (based on nov 2009 beta), I signed up seems like fun although I'm not that competitive :)

justice:
Can't get this to work on Windows 7 64bit, the Adobe Air Debug Manager comes up after the game crashes when I start a new game.

Deozaan:
Can't get this to work on Windows 7 64bit, the Adobe Air Debug Manager comes up after the game crashes when I start a new game.
-justice (September 15, 2010, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I also had a bit of trouble getting it to work at first (32-bit Windows 7 here). It turns out that reinstalling the game got it working for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version