topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:43 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FARR launch problem  (Read 3897 times)

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FARR launch problem
« on: September 13, 2010, 11:29 PM »
Sometimes, FARR just refuses to call the plugin on execution.

For example, I invoke the Network Connections Plugin and get a list of available network connections. Now when I try to execute one of the connections I get an error message saying something like: Windows cannot find "No help available.". Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again.

I am pretty sure that FARR is just trying to execute the path value of the result on its own, as status bar displays path of the selected result item and it says "No help available.", instead of triggering the plugin to execute the result.

I don't know what is causing that behavior but when FARR once enters that state none of the plugins that supply non-executable results work. And nothing helps, save FARR restart.

Any ideas?
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR launch problem
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:56 AM »
just to clarify, this isnt a problem with FARR launching files, it's a problem where the a plugin that has special kinds of results stops handling those results.

it sounds like you have identified what's going wrong -- though i've never heard of this problem before.

one clue that would be good to know is:
is it only the network connections plugin that this happens to? or does it happen to any other plugin that handles results specially?

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:53 AM »
It happens to all of the plugins that handle the results specially. And, when it happens to one of them, then none of them work.

I'll try disabling some of them to see if it happens again. I just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar problem.

Since you didn't heard about it I can only deduce that one of my own plugins is the cause of that behavior.
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 01:38 AM »
it may be some combo of plugin fault and farr fault.. look forward to hearing your results.