Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 01, 2014, 06:28:23 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Graphic Help for N.A.N.Y. 2011 Project?  (Read 3620 times)
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 12, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »

I posted here:

http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=23938.0

This is an idea I've had for some time now. I know that I can't do exactly what I want right now, but it might be possible to get a basic version done.

iPhone: Simple voice recorder & text memopad.
Windows client: Speech to text for the voice recorder & iPhone sync.
No Mac client proposed initially.

I have NOT investigated this thoroughly, and am not yet committing to this. Not yet anyways.

I will need a graphic designer though, mostly for the iPhone program interface. It must be super-slick. The iPhone is all about presentation.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll look into the nitty-gritty more and see if it is feasible. (I'm on a bit of a tight schedule, but as I'm already doing audio work on the iPhone, this should fit well into my development schedule.)

It's a complete no-go if I can't get someone to do graphic art for the software though. iPhones are all about pretty UIs, and I just can't pull it off on my own. I suck at graphic design. Badly. Worse than badly. My only redeeming quality is that I know that I suck at it.

If anyone thinks they can pull off the super-slick graphic design needed for a successful iPhone app, and wants to help out, please let me know.

Without help there, I won't even bother looking into it further. I need to know that the art is covered before proceeding. I could end up investigating it and finding out that the time commitment is too much for me at the moment as well. Not sure. I basically need to look into iPhone/PC client connections and Speech-to-Text. Those are the 2 areas that could be problematic/time-consuming.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:16:07 PM »

It's a complete no-go if I can't get someone to do graphic art for the software though. iPhones are all about pretty UIs, and I just can't pull it off on my own.

I had similar thoughts about porting one of my apps for OSX. Finally got the art I needed for the dock icon, so I might try it now.

Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 12:27:31 AM »

It's a complete no-go if I can't get someone to do graphic art for the software though. iPhones are all about pretty UIs, and I just can't pull it off on my own.

I had similar thoughts about porting one of my apps for OSX. Finally got the art I needed for the dock icon, so I might try it now.

Are/were you going to do the Crazy URL Thing?

I have a kindof similar app that I wrote for myself. It is a custom browser to open a list of URLs quickly. It just opens up tabs from a list of URLs. One of those dumb things that I'll never do anything more with and never release.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Perry Mowbray
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Charter Member

Thoughtful Scribbles

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 12:46:10 AM »

Maybe the Crazy URL Thing could be a team effort  Thmbsup

One of those dumb things that I'll never do anything more with and never release.

Sad
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:12:18 AM by Perry Mowbray » Logged

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »

Are/were you going to do the Crazy URL Thing?

No, it was Instant Boss...the thing I get a lot of requests from Mac users for.

Crazy URL Thing is going to be Windows only. If I ever decided to make that cross-platform, I'd do it as a firefox extension, but right now I am doing it as a desktop application in order to keep it browser agnostic.

Maybe the Crazy URL Thing could be a team effort  Thmbsup

One of those dumb things that I'll never do anything more with and never release.

Sad

It's something I have to do myself...need to master a few skills and not pass the work on to someone else to do it. Don't want to take the easy way out and hold myself back. The stuff I have to master in this project will allow other projects to move forward. (I may have to build a simple RSS reader to figure out what I am doing)

Besides, I don't think Renegade and I speak the same programming language, and if he doesn't already have a Delphi IDE, it would be quite expensive for him (no more free version).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:17:30 PM by app103 » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.07s | Server load: 0.08 ]