topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Graphic Help for N.A.N.Y. 2011 Project?  (Read 10361 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Graphic Help for N.A.N.Y. 2011 Project?
« on: September 12, 2010, 09:11 PM »
I posted here:

https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=23938.0

This is an idea I've had for some time now. I know that I can't do exactly what I want right now, but it might be possible to get a basic version done.

iPhone: Simple voice recorder & text memopad.
Windows client: Speech to text for the voice recorder & iPhone sync.
No Mac client proposed initially.

I have NOT investigated this thoroughly, and am not yet committing to this. Not yet anyways.

I will need a graphic designer though, mostly for the iPhone program interface. It must be super-slick. The iPhone is all about presentation.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll look into the nitty-gritty more and see if it is feasible. (I'm on a bit of a tight schedule, but as I'm already doing audio work on the iPhone, this should fit well into my development schedule.)

It's a complete no-go if I can't get someone to do graphic art for the software though. iPhones are all about pretty UIs, and I just can't pull it off on my own. I suck at graphic design. Badly. Worse than badly. My only redeeming quality is that I know that I suck at it.

If anyone thinks they can pull off the super-slick graphic design needed for a successful iPhone app, and wants to help out, please let me know.

Without help there, I won't even bother looking into it further. I need to know that the art is covered before proceeding. I could end up investigating it and finding out that the time commitment is too much for me at the moment as well. Not sure. I basically need to look into iPhone/PC client connections and Speech-to-Text. Those are the 2 areas that could be problematic/time-consuming.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Graphic Help for N.A.N.Y. 2011 Project?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:16 PM »
It's a complete no-go if I can't get someone to do graphic art for the software though. iPhones are all about pretty UIs, and I just can't pull it off on my own.

I had similar thoughts about porting one of my apps for OSX. Finally got the art I needed for the dock icon, so I might try it now.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 12:27 AM »
It's a complete no-go if I can't get someone to do graphic art for the software though. iPhones are all about pretty UIs, and I just can't pull it off on my own.

I had similar thoughts about porting one of my apps for OSX. Finally got the art I needed for the dock icon, so I might try it now.

Are/were you going to do the Crazy URL Thing?

I have a kindof similar app that I wrote for myself. It is a custom browser to open a list of URLs quickly. It just opens up tabs from a list of URLs. One of those dumb things that I'll never do anything more with and never release.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 12:46 AM »
Maybe the Crazy URL Thing could be a team effort  :Thmbsup:

One of those dumb things that I'll never do anything more with and never release.

:(
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:12 AM by Perry Mowbray »

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 04:07 PM »
Are/were you going to do the Crazy URL Thing?

No, it was Instant Boss...the thing I get a lot of requests from Mac users for.

Crazy URL Thing is going to be Windows only. If I ever decided to make that cross-platform, I'd do it as a firefox extension, but right now I am doing it as a desktop application in order to keep it browser agnostic.

Maybe the Crazy URL Thing could be a team effort  :Thmbsup:

One of those dumb things that I'll never do anything more with and never release.

:(

It's something I have to do myself...need to master a few skills and not pass the work on to someone else to do it. Don't want to take the easy way out and hold myself back. The stuff I have to master in this project will allow other projects to move forward. (I may have to build a simple RSS reader to figure out what I am doing)

Besides, I don't think Renegade and I speak the same programming language, and if he doesn't already have a Delphi IDE, it would be quite expensive for him (no more free version).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:17 PM by app103 »