ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need some help with front audio panel on computer case

(1/2) > >>

nite_monkey:
I have an Asus M3N78-VM mobo and some cheap Justpc computer case.
I've never been able to get the front headphone and mic jacks to work. The case has some weird front panel connectors on it.
I hope someone can help me out here.
I've attached images of the case connectors and the mobo manual connection pinout.
If anyone can make any sense of this, that would be great.

Target:
looks like your case has connectors for some sort of 'surround sound', ie Front LEFT/RIGHT, rear LEFT/RIGHT

My take would be as follows (but don't quote me)

* MIC IN/GND - MIC2_L/AGND
* MIC POWER - MIC2_R/NC
* LINEOUT FR/RR - LINEOUT_R/NC
* LINEOUT FL/RL - LINEOUT_L/NC
I can't see the cabling from your pictures so I don't know whether all the connectors are wired, or for that matter the wire colours so while it shouldn't matter if you cross them over I'd check first in case there's something peculiar to your board/case

Renegade:
Quite often they're not even hooked up. That could be it. Check the wiring inside.

nite_monkey:
Sweet! Thanks Target Your setup worked perfectly. While I was waiting for a reply I just guessed and I got the headphone connectors correct, but I had the mic connectors backwords, so my mic wasn't working.
I've had this mobo and case for the longest time, and I couldn't not ever get the front panel to work.  :Thmbsup:

Target:
you're most welcome!!

especially glad to hear we didn't let the magic smoke out...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version