ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

101 Great Computer Programming Quotes

<< < (2/2)

f0dder:
#15 “There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.  We don’t believe this to be a coincidence.”
(Jeremy S. Anderson)
--- End quote ---
-Renegade (November 14, 2010, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Funny, but didn't LSD originate in Basel, Switzerland? - was probably consumed a lot more in Berkeley, though :) (I remember reading a short article about a microprocessor engineer who confessed he had used the substance, in small quantities, while working on CPUs...)

Renegade:
#15 “There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.  We don’t believe this to be a coincidence.”
(Jeremy S. Anderson)
--- End quote ---
-Renegade (November 14, 2010, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Funny, but didn't LSD originate in Basel, Switzerland? - was probably consumed a lot more in Berkeley, though :) (I remember reading a short article about a microprocessor engineer who confessed he had used the substance, in small quantities, while working on CPUs...)
-f0dder (November 15, 2010, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

By Alfred Hoffman while researching heart medication. He accidentally dosed himself one day in the lab, and decided that he wasn't feeling well, so he rode his bicycle home. And that's where we get the Queen song, "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike." :D

f0dder:
And that's where we get the Queen song, "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike." :D-Renegade (November 15, 2010, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Haha, epic :D

40hz:
I understand he missed his house, wound up staying at a motel on Pluto overnight, and somehow made it back home the following morning with no idea how he got there.  :P

Renegade:
I understand he missed his house, wound up staying at a motel on Pluto overnight, and somehow made it back home the following morning with no idea how he got there.  :P

-40hz (November 15, 2010, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's the nice thing about LSD. It facilitates interplanetary travel without ever having to leave the comforts of your own home~! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version