ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

extracting info from pdf

<< < (13/13)

cranioscopical:
"a screen capture app that does a good scrolling capture"
like??
-kalos (October 29, 2010, 12:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, come on now!
This one.

Curt:
-oh, such an uncertain route to go; he might end up becoming a supporting member!

JavaJones:
I'll admit I only skimmed this topic, so this may be wildly far of the mark, but what about opening in Photoshop and rasterizing at desired resolution, then cropping? Given that screenshot approaches are being talked about here, I take it having the tables, etc. in actual original format (i.e. being translated into a Word table) is not a requirement, thus the Photoshop approach should work well (if I've understood the requirement from reading first few posts and skimming the rest  :-[).

- Oshyan

TomD101:
Hi all,
let's see, if anyone is still looking at this thread. I stumbled upon this while checking on answered postings.
1st: Can't pdf be saved as html? I think having done this. But it may have been with Acrobat Full version. It's not for the faint of purse. Advantage: text is html, images are saved separately.

2nd: One of the very good screenshot programs with a scrolling option is - apart from the incomparable screenshot captor - HyperSnap from hyperionics.com. Region with scrolling, windows with scrolling, text with scrolling, almost everything.
Give it a try, if you never heard about it.

Thomas
Berlin, Germany

Curt:
where did my post go? I am certain that I proofread it after uploading. Have DC been hit by something today?

--------
1st: Can't pdf be saved as html? ... Advantage: text is html, images are saved separately.-TomD101 (March 29, 2011, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

-good point, Thomas.

------------
I have a key for HyperSnap 6, but am "merely" using FastStone Capture, because it is so delightful user-friendly. However, HyperSnap 7 seems so far to become much more user-friendly than version 6 has been:

Version 7 beta tests started, and we currently have a poll for users to vote on new features to add to version 7 of HyperSnap. More information at HyperSnap Feedback and Beta Tests Forum.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version