ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

extracting info from pdf

<< < (11/13) > >>

kalos:
you could enlarge the image as much as you can before taking the screenshot. That's your best quality there.
-tomos (October 08, 2010, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

how to calculate this? in which zoom can you extract the above scheme?

tomos:
you could enlarge the image as much as you can before taking the screenshot. That's your best quality there.
-tomos (October 08, 2010, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

how to calculate this? in which zoom can you extract the above scheme?
-kalos (October 08, 2010, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

sorry Kalos, I dont understand your question.

let me rephrase:
if the image is vector (NOT a pixel image) simply enlarge it as much as you can on your monitor, then take a screenshot.

[edit] you can then increase the dpi of the image to show it at a smaller size & higher quality [/edit]

Curt:
-the picture will not be vector, because kalos is talking about taking a screenshot; a bitmap. If the files are like the test file, I *imagine* size 150% will be fine. But it doesn't make sense to talk about borders; since there are no genuine pictures, there will be no natural borders.

kalos:
-the picture will not be vector, because kalos is talking about taking a screenshot; a bitmap. If the files are like the test file, I *imagine* size 150% will be fine. But it doesn't make sense to talk about borders; since there are no genuine pictures, there will be no natural borders.
-Curt (October 08, 2010, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

indeed, one can "imagine" that 150% "would" be fine, these are the problems I need to overpass

as for natural borders, since there is no picture file ofcourse they don't exist, but I think PDF editors do great job in determining borders than an individual can do by draggin his mouse over the to be captured area

tomos:
if the image is vector (NOT a pixel image) simply enlarge it as much as you can on your monitor, then take a screenshot.
-tomos (October 08, 2010, 05:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

-the picture will not be vector, because kalos is talking about taking a screenshot; a bitmap.
[...]
-Curt (October 08, 2010, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, of course the screenshot is going to be a pixel image.
But I'm talking about what the 'picture' is *in the PDF* - if it's a vector graph or image in the PDF, then do what I suggested above for best quality [screenshot] image.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version