ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

extracting info from pdf

<< < (10/13) > >>

Curt:
no "copy" or "save as" or ..., but "extract"!

Extract tables, extract images, extract this and that:

kalos:
oh, i have already tested this!!!

it does nothing from this pdf, it doesn't extract anything!!!

http://ifile.it/78znxpc

Curt:
your test file does not contain any tables or pictures at all, so there is nothing to extract, except text. It MAY have been Excel tables when it was created, not now, but it was more likely made in Word and Emax Draw, or similar. The big figure is made of many small parts; each column is a figure, each letter is a figure, etcetera. I am sorry for you, but there is no way you can extract all this as a unit.

kalos:
I know, that's why I need a screenshot-like tool that will take advantage of pdf editor's abilities to mark the appropriate borders and recognize the exact area to be copied

i am also in search of a way to estimate the optimum resolution before taking the snapshot

tomos:
i am also in search of a way to estimate the optimum resolution before taking the snapshot
-kalos (October 08, 2010, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

The optimum resolution for a screenshot would simply be the screen resolution [I presume that's what screenshot tools choose(?)]. If you want to take a screenshot of a vector image/graph/etc (as in your sample pdf) you could enlarge the image as much as you can before taking the screenshot. That's your best quality there.

It different with pixel images (jpg png gif etc) as I mentioned before (you're better off extracting them if possible).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version