ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

extracting info from pdf

<< < (3/13) > >>

Curt:
I need it to be in the original quality
-kalos (September 12, 2010, 12:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

IMO this requirement will push you to spend money (and even then, still no guarantee it will be in the original quality). PDF Converter 7 (the $49.99 version) appears to have the ability to "Convert PDF and XPS documents into all Microsoft Office formats in a click."  I have never used it, but I know some people swear by the Pro version of it.
-daddydave (September 13, 2010, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

-I believe the $100 PRO version is needed if .XPS must be included.

Nuance, compare features, (each screenshot approx 960 pixels wide)
Edited: not a good width without a widescreen! >The original pdf document< may suite your monitor better! [Pictures removed.]

Edit #2:
Actually, I imagine the $150 Enterprise version is needed, for the jobs kalos described -
Nuance is a converter, not an editor.

daddydave:
I believe the $100 PRO version is needed if .XPS must be included.
-Curt (September 13, 2010, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Then why does the web site say otherwise? I quoted directly from the description of the $49.99 product. At any rate, the original poster said nothing about XPS.

kalos:
is there a free PDF editor/converter that works well? many converters fail to convert properly to doc, even Acrobat
if not, any paid one that is really good?

thanks

ha14:
try universal document converter http://www.print-driver.com/howto/

rjbull:
The test was with the free version of Able2Extract, I take it?
-daddydave (September 13, 2010, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, painfully paid for.  Oh, and the reason why I chose Able2Extract over Nuance at the time - pre-test, as it happened - was because Nuance directed me to their UK shop, where they translate $US into £UK one-to-one.  I might have missed a slightly better program, but they missed my business through greed and taking UK residents for fools.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version