ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

www.exendo.se, the makers of history explorer

<< < (2/2)

IainB:
@fenixproductions: Thanks, yes, apostrophe, comma and perhaps quite a lot more from the full/extended ASCII character set!
Actually, I recall seeing a list of the DOS/Windows valid filename characters, in a 4DOS manual, but I don't recall what they all were.

"He had to learn, not to throw stones at the school ..."?
--- End quote ---
What's that all about? (Just curious.)

MerleOne:
If you're sufficiently cheesed off, you might like to compare it with AJC Active Backup, which has also featured on Bits du Jour.
-rjbull (September 15, 2010, 02:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the advice.  Actually I already have one license of AJC AB (which I find great) but I just wanted to try this other one, which as some advantages over AJC (easier to configure, non proprietary archive format, etc.).

rjbull:
this other one, which as some advantages over AJC (easier to configure, non proprietary archive format, etc.).
-MerleOne (September 16, 2010, 10:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd prefer a "non proprietary archive format" myself.  Still, it seems nice enough, though fortunately I haven't had to use it much.

fenixproductions:
"He had to learn, not to throw stones at the school ..."?
--- End quote ---
What's that all about? (Just curious.)
-IainB (September 16, 2010, 03:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
One of my friends (who is a Pole) used to say that in Russian when someone was asking how had he know an answer for something (used mostly for very obvious things).

And the translation is supposed to be: You should have been learning (in school) instead of throwing stones at it.

IainB:
@fenixproductions: Thanks for the explanation and corrected translation (I had used Google translate!).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version