ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Source code colors: Contrast / Readability / Ergonomics

<< < (4/6) > >>

housetier:
even more, even more, even more!

And the saga continues. This time we have:
* desert
* elflord
* evening
* koehler
* morning
* murphy
* pablo
* peachpuff
* ron

Yes this time we have nine attachments because I couldn't make my browser delete the contents of the last input field...

housetier:
enough already, we get the point!

In the last of today's episode of "post an image" I proudly present:
* shine
* sift
* slate
* torte
* watermark
* zellner

mouser:
nice!  it really is useful to have some sample color schemes to look at in order to make a decision about which one looks best.

that blue one sure gives me flashbacks to the days of turboc and turbopascal.

maybe we need a script that gradually changes your color scheme based on time of day, from light to dark - that would be cool :)

mouser:
slate looks nice, but i still find black on white the easiest to read.

housetier:
maybe we need a script that gradually changes your color scheme based on time of day, from light to dark - that would be cool :)
-mouser (February 20, 2006, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

In vim this is possible of course (of course!), since you can control a vim instance remotely. So one could write a little script that determines the color scheme based on time and then sends a remote command to a running vim instance, telling it to switch to the given color scheme.

And while we are talking about how great opensource software is: those screenshots I created with The Gimp ;-) However, I'd love to see samples of such color schemes in other editors too. I know I am the self-proclaimed opensource zealot but I'd like to widen my horizon...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version