ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Source code colors: Contrast / Readability / Ergonomics

<< < (2/6) > >>

mouser:
the white on green on that page looks surprisingly readable, i wouldn't have guessed that.  might have to give that a try, though i have long used black on white.

[ps. another turbo pascal/c fan here; borland's turbo language tools were amazing when they came out for the pc - they must have raised a generation of programmers.  i can still see those manuals in my memoy clearly.  i want to thank my dad for getting us those tools.]

jgpaiva:
http://www.writer2001.com/colwebcontrast.htm
-Gothi[c] (February 09, 2006, 06:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for that page! The black on soft green at the end of the page is the one that fits me best, i don't know why, but it's the one the provies me with more readability.

VSiAQ:
I like Turbo Pascal scheme. Yellow text on blue background. Though I change it a bit. To Free Pascal's scheme. :D

housetier:
I have found orange on black to be quite readable. It's not a bright orange, something that stands out without contrasting too much. My screenshots would look different from what I see, because the LCD of my laptop is very old.  XChat and my terminals are orange on black. When programming, I use gvim for which there are many many color schemes available. There, I go with the darker ones that were designed for night use (my room never sees sunlight).

I change my gvim colors ever few months; whenever there is a new color scheme out I give it a try. I don't have much trouble adjusting to new schemes, but they have to be "good". I prefer color schemes that choose different variations of one tone, that are monochrome so to say.

Attached I have a screenshot of the inkpot color scheme and the new baycomb color scheme; both are gvim color schemes of course.

mouser:
that first screenshot is so damn dark, dont know how you could read that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version