topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:17 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Marketing - program is far better than you say!  (Read 3331 times)

ffusco

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Marketing - program is far better than you say!
« on: September 07, 2010, 10:07 AM »
I think CNET, who led me to you, either reviewed an early version ... or they reviewed sloppily ... or I didn't read carefully enuf.

I was pleasantly surprised (having read the review, which seemed to say "no can do") to see that arrows and all the other basic annotation facilities ARE up and running. EVEN your own descriptive material - presumably current - doesn't say that clearly enough.... Obviously, you've entered an arena where one competitor has a 20 year (?) and 20 million users headstart. You'll go from zero to 60 (or 5 to 20) faster if you make crystal clear what your strengths are.

First impression of software, documentation, etc. - A++

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Marketing - program is far better than you say!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Thanks very much for the kind words ffusco, and welcome to the site!
One thing we tend to be bad at here is marketing and self promotion.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Marketing - program is far better than you say!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 08:14 PM »
By they way, the most important thing anyone can do who likes our software and our site, is to post a user review at sites like cnet saying why you like the program.  I don't ask people to do this often enough -- it can be the best way for people to learn about our programs and our community.  And without advertising and publicity stunts, we rely on our members to help spread the word.

So please if you are reading this, the next time you see a dc program that you use mentioned somewhere, won't you take the time to post your feelings about the program and the dc website?