topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:56 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Annotating Screenshots - general & specific  (Read 3717 times)

ffusco

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Annotating Screenshots - general & specific
« on: September 07, 2010, 02:45 PM »
The general question is where in the documentation I could learn what's possible and how it's done ... and options that are user configurable.

The specifics include these:
a) It looks like your arrows with text at one end force the textbox to have the arrow connector at one corner. Is that the case ... or can one (a la visio) make the anchor be the midpoint of one side of the rectangle? ... If this is possible, how? ... If one just wants the box to use a different corner, how is that accomplished?
b) Can one hang an oval object off the arrow with text inside?

Thanks. (a) above is very important, (b) barely registers, but I'm trying to get oriented quickly, so I won't have to bother you (as much.) [Seriously, I'm usually very independent, but it's clear you're extremely supportive; I promise I'll try not to "take advantage."]

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Annotating Screenshots - general & specific
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:10 PM »
a) is not currently possible and i agree it is really needed and is a long time coming.. i will try to finally get it done in the next week along with another request that highlighting boxes not dull the text underneath.

b) is not possible and is fairly low in priority list, though i would like to add additional text label box styles like quote balloons.

don't worry about posting requests -- that's what this forum is all about!

ffusco

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 03:18 PM »
Just the "loose end" of "which corner" of a textbox to use [can I select/if so, how?] when there at the end of an arrow.... I've seen some examples (probably in the online help) that makes THAT look DO-able, unless it just happens automatically. Thanks again.

DeVamp

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Let the coding begin :-)
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 02:06 AM »
.... though i would like to add additional text label box styles like quote balloons.

+1 from my side :-)