ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What HTML5 can do -- cool site

<< < (3/5) > >>

Gwen7:
won't even load in safari on my cubical-neighbor's iphone.

little wheel just keeps spinning round and round...

which is funny considering apple is supposedly so big on html5 and so down on flash. :-))

zridling:
Doesn't work for me at all.  Tried it in Firefox and in Chrome.  I enter my address, it loads, I click Play Film, and nothing happens. HTML 5 is awesome!  :Thmbsup: ...  :( -cthorpe (September 08, 2010, 12:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't work on my birthplace address either, which is odd, given I can find it all day on Google Maps/street view. I keyed in my current address and bingo. If you haven't seen it, it's merely a clever presentation using video, maps, and a person running down the street to get to your address, and then it pans up and outward (all to music).

Deozaan:
Doesn't work for me at all.  Tried it in Firefox and in Chrome.  I enter my address, it loads, I click Play Film, and nothing happens. HTML 5 is awesome!  :Thmbsup: ...  :( -cthorpe (September 08, 2010, 12:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't work on my birthplace address either, which is odd, given I can find it all day on Google Maps/street view. I keyed in my current address and bingo. If you haven't seen it, it's merely a clever presentation using video, maps, and a person running down the street to get to your address, and then it pans up and outward (all to music).
-zridling (September 08, 2010, 06:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm... Well I didn't know what it was so I didn't want to give it the address I grew up at, but I used an address in the same neighborhood.

It actually just kind of depressed me thinking about how much has changed since then. :-\

Stoic Joker:
little wheel just keeps spinning round and round...-Gwen7 (September 08, 2010, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had the same problem with Firefox, which it allegedly supports.

It actually just kind of depressed me thinking about how much has changed since then.
-Deozaan (September 08, 2010, 10:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Me too, so I'm kinda glad it didn't load. :)

zridling:
One reason to love HTML5 if no other: Disney/ABC/ESPN hates it because:

(1) No room for ads. Without the ability to insert ads, Disney-ABC has little interest in moving towards HTML5. By pushing users towards an exclusive Disney or ABC mobile app, Disney can then insert their own ads at and re-direct users towards ABC-only content without fear of losing them to other content providers.

(2) Little to no copyright protection. This is a major gripe most media companies have when displaying their content and could be another reason why others may stay with a dedicated app for each network.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version