ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What HTML5 can do -- cool site

(1/5) > >>

zridling:
Check out The Wilderness Downtown, preferably using Chrome. Hit full screen, key in your address, and wait for it to load.

Deozaan:
That was really cool. Thanks for sharing!

Tuxman:
IMO they totally missed the point of Hypertext Markup language when they invented HTML5...

app103:
Pretty cool!

Tried to share this one with my computer illiterate husband, and I did it with a few addresses, trying to find one it would work with (some of the places he has lived are not covered very well on Google Street View).

Found one that would work, but the area had changed so much he didn't recognize anything and it kind of lost its intended effect. So I did it for where he used to work and he got a real kick out of it. When I did it for where he currently works, he said to me...

SpoilerDon't you think that guy is tired by now? You have made him run at least 3 times.

cyberdiva:
Yawn.   :down:  Admittedly, I didn't use Chrome, but what I saw on Firefox gave me no incentive to try again after downloading Chrome.  Frankly, what it reminded me of most was a computer virus, with a zillion windows opening and a lot of noise and very little sense.  So they showed me the street where I grew up.  Yawn again.  In spite of my giving them the exact address, they didn't even get to the correct side of the street.   If this is what HTML5 can do, I think I'll stick to HTML4.   :down:    :down:    :down:    :down:    :down:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version