ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Portable apps suites - is there a good one?

(1/8) > >>

techidave:
The last couple of days I have been looking at Liberkey and PortableApps suites as a way to get some good tools on a usb stick.  I have tried both of them before but it seems to be over my head as how to install them on my flash drive.

So this  brings up the question of is there one out there that is easy to install to the flash drive and also easy to add other apps to it?

I would like something that autoruns when I plug the flash drive into a computer which is what I am having problems with.  It needs to autostart no matter what the drive letter would be on any machine.   

I tend to install USBDLM on most of my machines and maybe that is the problem??

So what does my friends at DC use?

Dave

wraith808:
Portable Apps should have a pretty straightforward installer...

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/portableapps/PortableApps.com_Suite_Setup_1.6.1_English.exe

Run this installer and point it at your USB drive and you should be ready to go.  They have a couple of other installer packages, but this one includes a whole host of applications (it's 400MB installed).

techidave:
thanks Wraith.  I am downloading now to give it another whirl.

Deozaan:
I've noticed that PortableApps on a thumb drive doesn't do the autorun in Windows 7. Just FYI.

techidave:
most of mine are XP but I am seeing more Win 7 machines.  perhaps in time. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version