ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's Your Internet Speed/Reliability SATISFACTION?

<< < (22/31) > >>

nosh:
Canada remains a joke compared to the rest of the developed world.
That's all I am going to say about that  :P
-rgdot (June 27, 2011, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Seriously? I remember going online from a public library in Toronto, it was a blazing fast connection, and this was almost a decade back! Maybe Canada used up all its bandwidth. :P

Renegade:
Nobody needs those speeds? Speak for yourself. I want my digital heroin, and I want it NOW~! :P

Well, if Canada is a joke for Internet speeds, we're still good for a laugh or two here in Australia.

Renegade:
And speaking of the developed world, I've had much better luck in the developing and 3rd world for Internet speeds. By a wide margin. Just my own observations though.

mahesh2k:
AFAIK, canadian ISP's started limiting users on data restricted plans on fair usage policy since 2009.

Same thing started here by airtel, they're limiting folks on bandwidth. I wonder what happened to scalability in business, i mean each year number of subscribers grow but still instead of working on capacity they're adding restrictions on data and calls ? how about increasing capacity of server and network ? I doubt they'll think this way. Rest of the Indian ISP's(like BSNL/You/Hathway etc) also limiting users on fair usage policy because they want to make more money from data-limited service. It's not that network/infrastructure is short, it's about monies :P

f0dder:
I agree. Nobody needs such speed.-wr975 (June 27, 2011, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
I disagree - if enough people had that kind of internet speed, interesting new software could be developed. Like, distributed backups fast enough to be usable...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version