ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's Your Internet Speed/Reliability SATISFACTION?

<< < (4/31) > >>

cranioscopical:
You guys think you have it tough?

and all for just $100/month  :(

This is satellite.
There's a spiffy new wireless tower about 400 meters from my house but I can't access that because I live in a forest —  I'd need to build a mast roughly the height of the Eiffel tower.

mouser:
comcast in Illinois:

4wd:
512kbps/128kbps - I'm stuck with ADSL1 because Australia's infrastructure is sorely lacking, (Telstra ADSL2+ equipment is installed in the local exchange but any ISP who uses it charges an arm, leg, first born, yearly wages * 10 and your soul).  And because almost all ADSL1 equipment is Telstras it means that almost all ISPs charge a comparative fortune for it compared to if they have their own ADSL2+ equipment installed.

But it is full speed all the time - no slowdowns/disconnections, (apart from occasional ISP upstream problems - eg. backbone down, etc), and true unlimited data quota unlike almost all other ISPs which throttle bandwidth.

So satisfaction is high going by Renegades requirements but "value for money" isn't compared to what it would cost in, say, the USA.

Shades:

This is the connection you get here in Paraguay for about 100 USD/month.

biox:
The upload speed is way behind times but otherwise it's nice and stable

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version