ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's Your Internet Speed/Reliability SATISFACTION?

<< < (31/31)

Renegade:
Interesting that your upload speed is SO much higher than download speed??? Doesn't look quite right to me!
-Carol Haynes (April 02, 2012, 06:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

It does seem odd...

Pulling a reason out of my butt, I'd guess that the fiber connection is synchronous, and that the measurement has evaluated available bandwidth, which would make sense as people usually download more than they upload, which would reduce the available possible download speed while leaving upload speeds alone.

Not sure though. I'm certain that someone here knows more than me about the subject and could explain why you'd see that.

rgdot:
First guess: Download speeds being limited by ISP

jaden:
Interesting that your upload speed is SO much higher than download speed??? Doesn't look quite right to me!
-Carol Haynes (April 02, 2012, 06:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wtf, looks backwards lol
-Stephen66515 (April 02, 2012, 08:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's been like that for the 3 years I've had it.  I was told by the installer that it's hard for them to limit upload speeds on their end.  (The service is supposed to be synchronous, 25Mbps up and down)

angeldeepa:
My internet speed results are :

upload speed:0.52 kbps

download speed:1.96 kbps

I check my internet speed from this site http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ ,  here it gives the best & accurate results for my internet speed test!!!!

KynloStephen66515:

Dunno wtf is going on with my upload speed though lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version