Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 22, 2014, 06:10:10 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What's Your Internet Speed/Reliability SATISFACTION?
$%&#$
1 / 5
2 / 5
3 / 5
4 / 5
5 / 5
Heaven~!

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: What's Your Internet Speed/Reliability SATISFACTION?  (Read 29901 times)
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2012, 08:46:23 PM »

Interesting that your upload speed is SO much higher than download speed??? Doesn't look quite right to me!

It does seem odd...

Pulling a reason out of my butt, I'd guess that the fiber connection is synchronous, and that the measurement has evaluated available bandwidth, which would make sense as people usually download more than they upload, which would reduce the available possible download speed while leaving upload speeds alone.

Not sure though. I'm certain that someone here knows more than me about the subject and could explain why you'd see that.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2012, 08:55:34 PM »

First guess: Download speeds being limited by ISP
jaden
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2012, 09:47:42 PM »

Interesting that your upload speed is SO much higher than download speed??? Doesn't look quite right to me!

Wtf, looks backwards lol

It's been like that for the 3 years I've had it.  I was told by the installer that it's hard for them to limit upload speeds on their end.  (The service is supposed to be synchronous, 25Mbps up and down)
angeldeepa
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2012, 06:36:35 AM »

My internet speed results are :

upload speed:0.52 kbps

download speed:1.96 kbps

I check my internet speed from this site http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ ,  here it gives the best & accurate results for my internet speed test!!!!
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2012, 06:49:31 AM »

Dunno wtf is going on with my upload speed though lol

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.16 ]