ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's Your Internet Speed/Reliability SATISFACTION?

<< < (21/31) > >>

nosh:
I pay for 30 Mb down/up EUR 30,- (USD 42) a month. No limits.
-wr975 (June 25, 2011, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's awesome! I pay around $25 and get 1/30th the speed!

But I do wonder what people use these seriously fast connections for... I source 90% of my TV viewing from the net and barely have time to view everything.

Mahesh, I have a Tata Photon stick as backup should the MTNL connection go on the fritz. I've only had to use it once - it was faster than my wired connection, IIRC.

Renegade:
Yeah, well, my home speed is about half your speed I would bet (can't test it, my home machine is down with a dead HD - waiting for the new one so I can rebuild it and try.  Probably died from the same thing that killed the internet that day).  I think my best scores then were somewhere around Deo's score or maybe a little lower.  :-\
-steeladept (June 25, 2011, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ouch. That's gotta hurt. I just want to claw my eyes out sometimes. It's really frustrating whenever I need to upload anything. 0.02 Mbps isn't exactly quick when I need to upload a few hundred MB to a server. :(

wr975:
My provider runs a special until end of July. 100 Mbit up/down unlimited for EUR 35,- (USD 50). I don't really need it, but for just EUR 5,- more?!? That's a temptation I couldn't resist.  :-[

I can't find a speedtest.net server supporting this upload speed. :)

But I do wonder what people use these seriously fast connections for
--- End quote ---

Mirroring the Internet? :)

I agree. Nobody needs such speed. For me it was like paying the same, but getting more, so it would be stupid not to get it. Six months ago I had 12/7 Mbit for EUR 30,- and that was pretty nice. But then my house got fiber-optic connection and I could change to this insane provider. Austria is a bit "underdeveloped" in matters of broadband Internet, so they're really pushing it to the extreme.

I like to download US shows like Idol, Got Talent, ... and it's nice to download 2 GB episodes in a couple of minutes, but that's about it. Sharing large files (1080p videos from my camera) and online backups are also possible.

mahesh2k:
Tata Photon stick has less speed than vodafone here(i guess they have good coverage in mumbai only). Vodafone stick gives me speed of about 1Mbps-2Mbps in city circle and 4-8kbps outside the city(which you can see in my earlier reply).

But I do wonder what people use these seriously fast connections for
--- End quote ---

Please donate/divert your extra bandwidth here.  ;D

rgdot:
Canada remains a joke compared to the rest of the developed world.
That's all I am going to say about that  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version