topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Selection of FREE maths textbooks (.PDF format) available from bookboon.com  (Read 6104 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
You might find that these maths textbooks are worth a look: http://bookboon.com/...extbooks/mathematics
I downloaded the whole collection (single .ZIP file of 62.4Mb).
They look pretty good.
The reason they are free is presumably because they are funded by advertising, because each document seems to be interspersed with embedded and relevant adverts containing hyperlinks (URLs). Each time you click on an ad, it will send links to your browser. The first time you click on an ad, the window below pops up - note the default is already selected for you, so don't be too hasty. This is an Adobe version of "OpenCandy", I guess, but it's not as invasive.

Some of the ads look as though they could potentially be quite useful.

Adobe PDF document ad links.png

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Cool! Thanks! I've been wanting to brush up on some branches of mathematics, and this will be perfect for my tab to read on~! :D (Better if they were epub, but beggars can't be choosers~! :) )
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
worth noting that it's not just math books available for download - there are 'free' bundles available from most (if not all, I didn't check)) of the categories on their site

Subjects include (broadly) accounting/finance, engineering, law, management/marketing