ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

My Windows & Mac Boxes & Monitors...

(1/1)

Renegade:
Sigh... Not going to rant. Much anyways. Already ranted here (includes profanity).

So I need to hook up one of my extra monitors to the Mac. Can't do the VGA one... Reasons in the rant above. Don't want to put the best monitor on the Mac -- it's on my Win7 box. But the portrait monitor would be PERFECT! I've wanted to do this for a while, but been busy with other things.

Think my Mac will "just work"? Nope. Sigh... It detects it, but won't display anything.

So, I suppose the Mac gets the good monitor (greedy <insert derogatory expression of choice />) and my Win 7 box gets the rest. Everything just works on Windows! It's not picky. It's like the...

Potentially Offensive Simile$2 whore operating system that will go with anything!

I really thought that having a Mac would be easier than Windows when I got it. Every single thing though has proved that false. (There are a few good things on the Mac, like how it focuses for text input.) Surf & email. Nothing more. Everything else is a fight to get done... Sigh...

Anyways, back to the Mac for the iPhone version of GDT~! :)

Oh... On a pleasant note, I've been working with Mono and MonoDevelop with MonoTouch and only 1 word to say. WOW~! It is singlehandedly improving my negative view of the Mac. It IS possible to get stuff done reasonably~! :P If it keeps up like this, I may actually end up LIKING my Mac~! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version